Message me on Twitter if you need something urgent for press and it's not in the Press Kit. You can email as well, but that's not as quick.
Press Kit Package: Guts and Glory Press Kit 2-16-17
150MB. Over 60 HD screenshots, logos and marketing graphics.
Now available on Linux/SteamOS annnnd in multiple languages!
Welcome to the Guts and Glory Press Page! I’ll try to keep this baby loaded with all the facts, pics, and vids your little heart desires, but if I’m missing some important stuff, or you want to see it in a different format, just let me know and I’ll make it available.
If you make an article/video/post about this stuff, please let me know. I like to stay involved with communities about Guts and Glory.
FACTSHEET & METADATA
Guts and Glory
A solo game developer based out of Boise, Idaho.
Steam Community Hub: http://steamcommunity.com/app/537340
Release Dates / Date Published:
Steam Early Access Release: 2-16-17
Full Release (PC, PS4, Xbox One): estimated Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
Platforms / Operating Systems:
Windows and Mac
Linux (SteamOS) coming soon
PS4 and Xbox One planned for Full Release
Genres / Categories:
Primary: Racing, Action
Secondary: Arcade, Platformer
Official URL: http://www.hakjak.com/gutsandglory
Download URL: http://store.steampowered.com/app/537340
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Jedediah “HakJak” Steen is a solo game developer, striving to live a life-long dream of making games for a living. He started HakJak Productions part-time in 2015, while finishing up college courses, working a full-time job and raising a family. When his first project, Guts and Glory, went viral on YouTube, he took a leap of faith to work on the project full-time. After a successful Kickstarter campaign, signing with publisher tinyBuild, and many updates later, the game recently launched on Steam's Early Access platform to let the community help shape the future of the project.
When he’s not writing code, creating art, or consuming too much coffee, he can be found spending time with his family of five, spoiling his dogs or, of course, playing video games.
Guts and Glory is about ordinary people competing in extraordinary challenges of life and death! Several possible game modes are planned, but the first is a "survival racing experience." Players will select from a wide variety of vehicles, including realistic bicycles, poorly built cars, and rocket-powered homemade contraptions. They’ll race to the finish line dodging all sorts of hazards, including sawblade windmills, giant wrecking balls, medieval cannons and crazy turrets.
Each vehicle is completely physics-driven, with 100% ragdoll riders, realtime dismemberment, and vehicle damage. This means that every turn, every crash, and every death is unique—and often results in hilarious scenarios! Severed limbs spray blood all over nearby characters and the environment as you struggle to hang on and reach the finish line. Vehicles get dented, smashed and lose parts. Wheels can be popped or just knocked off completely. Determined players on tough tracks will find themselves hobbling across the finish line bloodied, missing limbs, stuck full of arrows, on a smashed vehicle only one hit away from being incapacitated!
CURRENT & PLANNED FEATURES
- Physics-driven vehicles with dynamic damage and destruction
- 100% ragdoll riders, with realtime dismemberment, blood and guts everywhere
- Destructible props and environments: smash through windows, thin walls, fences, barrels, etc.
- Level Editor and Level Sharing, with Steam Workshop integration
- AI Pedestrians that wander around, run away screaming, and die in hilarious fashions
- AI Enemies that chase you down with hell-bent fury
- Loads of Hazards: cannons, explosives, wrecking balls, circular saws and so much more
- Special Items: Mega Fans, Turbo Boosters, Zero Gravity Fields, and more
- Power-Ups: Boost Refills, Invincibility, and other surprises to come
- 10 Unique Vehicles and their associated Heroes
- 100 Official Tracks, spread across 10 Themed Maps, including other biomes
- Time of Day System: night races, glaring sun, or possibly even realtime changes during the race
- Steam Integration: Leaderboards, Achievements, Workshop, etc.
- You can see all the most current features at the Steam Store page.
Screenshots and Graphics
Download the Press Kit (link at top) for lots more images!
Cover Art 1
Cover Art 2
Thanks for visiting the Press Page for Guts and Glory. Feel free to contact me for more info.